Thursday 4 February 2016

J D Meakin Filigree...

I'm a child of the 70's and I have to say I love a spot of 60's / 70's retro china.

I love utility ware and we use it daily here at Priddy Priddy HQ.
For me the china from the 70's era is a mix of utility ware and pretty fine china.

Pretty yet hard working and functional.

I'm drawn to the blue hues...
the kitchen in my childhood home had lots of blue bits...flowery pots and pans, the chopping board etc.

That said I'm not averse to a pretty pink flower...


I spied this little set and it just seemed so familiar I can't help but think that my parents had the blue version...or at least very similar...


I've listed the pots as casserole dishes but if I remember we used to serve the veggies in them on high days and holidays...



Not that my family were ever coffee lovers, like most Brits of the 70's we drank lots of Tea!! 
That said it's quite a decent sized coffee cup...

I've no idea what happened to my parents set, some of it I think is still in use, the milk jug, but I can imagine that over time as pieces were broken it was eventually 'dumped'.

Thankfully though there are still bits to be found...


These two make me want toasted soldiers and eggs every time I spot them!

J D Meakin
Filigree
circa. 1960's

Available at PriddyPriddy etsy


No comments:

Post a Comment